Do you want to properly install and Setup Rank Math SEO Plugin?
At Blogging Nova we use Rank Math SEO Plugin by Mythemeshop because it is one of the best alternatives to the Yoast SEO plugin as well as one of the most complete SEO Plugin for a WordPress Website.
In this article, we will show you how to install and setup Rank Math and utilize all the amazing features that come with it.
Rank Math SEO Plugin
As you all know SEO is the most important aspect which every webmaster should give consideration in order to make a website successful.
However, there are many SEO plugins available for WordPress that simplify your SEO efforts. But Rank Math is a new SEO plugin which can help you to generate exceptional results.
This is an ultimate guide that will help you to learn how to use Rank Math SEO Plugin as well as it is going to be an amazing guide for Rank Math SEO Plugin settings.
How to Install Rank Math SEO Plugin?
Just Go to your WordPress dashboard area => Plugin=> Add New Plugin => Search for Rank Math SEO.
Now all you need to do is just install the plugin and activate it. After activating it follow the given below tutorial to learn how to setup Rank Math SEO Plugin settings.
How to Setup Rank Math?
Connect RankMath With MyThemeShop account
Once you installed Rank Math on your WordPress blog, you will be prompted to connect with your MyThemeShop account.
If you haven’t registered your account on Mythemeshop then you can just skip this step.
Rank Math Wizard option
Once you click on Activate Rank Math, Next Page will display the Rank Math wizard option. Here rank Math will also perform a compatibility check to see is your website compatible for using Rank Math SEO plugin. In case if you see any error then you can click on More button To know the details.
So if you are ready to setup Rank Math SEO Plugin then just click on Blinking “Start Wizard” button.
Import SEO settings
I know most of you are already using Yoast SEO. So, Rankmath has built-in capabilities to import your Yoast SEO settings To Rank Math SEO plugin. So, It makes switching to Rank Math very easy for anyone.
The best part of this setting is You will not lose your Google search page ranking at all.
Here is how the Import Data screen appears if you are using Yoast SEO.
Basically, you will get the following 4 types of Yoast settings to import into Rank Math SEO Plugin :
- Import Settings: This option will import all the Yoast SEO settings and Meta information which you had set for your site.
- Import Post Meta: This option allows you to import metadata for posts and Pages which include the SEO title, Opengraph data, description, robots meta, and more.
- Import Term Meta: This option allows you to import metadata fo the tag, category, and other taxonomy’s archives.
- Import Author Meta: Import meta information of author Pages.
If you are using Rank Math SEO plugin on a new website or in case you do not want to import your any other SEO plugin settings to Rank Math Then just click on “Skip, Don’t Import Now” Button.
Select Your Website Type
Now in the next step, you need to select which types of website you run. This option is really important because it allows rank math to configure for the kind of website you are running.
Basically, it gives you 7 categories to choose from
- Personal Blog
- Personal Portfolio
- Other Personal Website
- Small Business Site
- Other Business Website
- Community Blog/News site
Choose any of the following categories which describes your site closest. As I am running a blog, I have selected “Personal Blog” as my Blog category.
Site Logo: From here you can upload a logo for your site. If you have already uploaded then Rank Math will automatically fetch it and display it here.
Default Social Share Image: This option comes in handy when you forgot to add featured image in any of your Blog Post. Default image that you upload here will be displayed when anyone shares that particular blog post on the social media platform.
Rank Math Google Search Console Setting
In the next step, You need to setup rank Math with Search Console. I believe most of you are already aware of search Console. But if not then let me give you a quick overview of the search console.
Search console submission is one of the most important Parts of Website SEO. Almost all the search engine, Google, Bing, Yandex, and Alexa allows webmasters to add their sites using webmaster tools area.
Through Google search console (Formerly Known as Webmaster Tool) You can see important information about your site and resolve issues related to search engines.
Your search console account contains some of the important information of your site including the crawl, website’s index status, Your search engines rankings, and Position as well as Keywords for which your site ranks for.
So, If you connect Rank Math with Search console, It will fetch all the important information from Search console and display right into your
So Let’s see How to setup Rank Math with Google search console :
Step 1: First of all you need to click on the “Get Authorization Code” to open up Google OAuth Dialog Box.
Step 2: Now in the next window, You need to choose the appropriate Google account.
Step 3: In the next window you will see a confirmation box which will display information about the access that Rank Math will get. All you need to do is just click on Allow to confirm and proceed.
Step 4: Now Google will give you
Step 5: Now come back to Rank Math setting Page and Paste the authorization code in the blank box and click on the Authorize button.
Note: If there are multiple websites which belong to the same Google search console account. Then you have to select your website from multiple websites verified with the same console account.
Configure Sitemap Using Rank Math SEO Plugin
Sitemap simply means the content structure of your website. It allows Google to rank your site in a
First of all turn on the Sitemap Feature. Then make sure to enable “Include Image” option because indexing your blog image will help you to get more traffic on your site.
SEO Optimisation (SEO Tweaks) in Rank Math SEO Settings
Now these steps help to optimize various SEO operations on your website Like :
Nofollow external link, open external links in the new window, nofollow image link redirect attachments, etc. So, Let’s see how you can set up these SEO options in Rank Math SEO Settings.
- No-Index Empty Category and Tag Archives: Make sure to keep it on because it is always recommended not to allow search engines index empty tags and categories.
- No-Follow Image Links: This Option is Highly useful when you don’t want to pass link juice to images pointing toward any external site. So make sure to keep it On.
- No-Follow External Links: If you On this option it will automatically add no-follow attribute to all the links which are pointing toward any other external blog. It totally depends on you because if you keep this option off then also you can manually add no-follow attribute to any external link.
- Open External Links in New Tab/Window: Make sure to On this option because it helps you to increase Your Blog Page session.
Don’t Miss this Guide: How to start a blog and make money?
The Advanced Guide To Rank Math SEO Plugin Settings
We have done with Rank Math Basic SEO settings. Now we are moving to towards advanced Rank Math SEO plugin settings. I will suggest you follow these steps carefully because a single wrong setting can ruin your site presence in Google search engine.
Under this tab, we get various Rank Math SEO settings which are mentioned below.
As the name suggests this section is completely related to Links.
- Strip Category Base: If you don’t want to include category text in URL, Then you can remove it by setting it “Off”. But we do not recommend you to keep this Off.
- Redirect Attachments: Make sure to ON this option because it will redirect all the media files like Image and Video to the post of which they are part.
- Redirect Orphan Media: If there is any media file present on your site which is not a part of your any blog post then it will be redirected to the provided link.
- Remove Stop-words from Permalinks: I recommend everyone to keep this Option Off because if any of your post or page permalinks contain stop word then it can generate 404 error for that page or post.
- No-Follow External Links: If you On this option it will automatically add no-follow attribute to all the links which is pointing toward any other external blog. It totally depends on you because if you keep this option off then also you can manually add the no-follow attribute to any external link.
- No-Follow Image File Links: As I said Earlier this Option is Highly useful when you don’t want to pass link juice to images pointing toward any external site. So make sure to keep it On.
- No-Follow Domain: If you want to make any domain no-follow then you can list out those domains here.
- Open External Link in New Tab/Window: Recommended to Keep it On.
If you had forgotten to add image title or alt text in any of your Blog image. In case, You want to add these things automatically. Then you can do that by enabling these options. However, I wouldn’t recommend you to ON these Options.
Breadcrumbs are an important part of every good website. It adds a little navigational menu to the top of your blog post which not only tells people where they are on your site as well as also improve the SEO of your site.
If you want to connect Search console Like – Google Search Console, Bing webmaster tools, and any other search engine tool with Rank Math SEO Plugin. Then you can easily do it by entering your Search console verification HTML Code Or Search Console ID.
I will recommend you to do not edit this file.
SEO Titles and Meta Robots.txt:
These are the very important Rank Math SEO settings to rank your article in Google search Engine.
Don’t Miss this Guide: How to Clear WordPress Cache Manually?
These are some of the general setting
- Robots Meta: From these rank math setting you can control whether you want to show any part of your website or not to google search Engine. If you tick mark no-index, Your site wouldn’t be shown in Google Search Engine. I will recommend you to do not tick mark any Option.
- No-Index Empty Category and Tag Archive: We have already discussed this setting earlier.
- Separator: When you search a Keyword on Google. Most of the time you have realised that, title and website name is separated by a character in the search result. That character is called separator.
- Capitalise Titles: If you turn ON this setting, You can actually capitalise the First letter of your Blog Post Title.
- OpenGraph Thumbnail: Suppose if you forgot to add Featured image to any of your Blog posts. Then if somebody share that Blog Post on social media it will appear without a Thumbnail. This is where this Rank Math option comes in Handy. From here you can upload a Default image for you all of your Blog Post which do not have a Featured image
This Rank Math Setting Tab gives you control over website information and other related things.
- Person Or Company: Whether Your Blog is run by a single person or company. If it is running by only you then just select “Person” But if you are running a business website then you have to select “Organization.”
- Name: You just need to enter your Blog or Website Name.
- URL: Just enter your Site URL.
In this section, you can integrate your social network Profile.
Here you can Put information about your Homepage or Main Page of your site.
Post Format Archive:
This tab contains information about Blog Posts of your Blog or website.
This Rank Math settings tab is related to Author. If you are running a multi-author site then just don’t enable it. And if you are running a single author site then You can enable it and make sure to ON No index Author Archive setting̣.
From this section, you can control 404 error page.
From here you can change the look or you can say how your post shows in search engine from here like rich snippets, meta descriptions, etc
This tab is related to Categories Of your Blog. Make sure to No index Categories archive Mata. Because it can be considered as thin or duplicate content in Google search engine.
This tab is related to Tags Of your blog post. Make sure to No index Tag archive Robot Mata. Because it can be considered as thin or duplicate content in Google search engine.
Guys, Rank Math is currently the best SEO plugin for all WordPress Blog. There are many advanced features like Schema, multiple focus keywords, etc given in Rank math that you’ll not find in any Free SEO plugin.
Once you install this plugin on your blog, I highly recommend you to make sure you know what are you doing before making any changes.
Because one single wrong setting can affect your Website SEO. But if you are following this Rank Math Setup guide then you are Ok.
Over To You:
Now tell me what your thought on Rank Math SEO plugin? Is it better than Yoast SEO or Not? Let me know in the comments below!
I hope you will find this Rank Math settings guide helpful. Please share this blog on social media…